Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Fun Weekend in Kansas City










We traveled "home" this weekend to celebrate the 16th birthday of my niece, Julie. It seems like yesterday she was being born, so it was a little freaky to think of her turning 16. She is such a doll, and we enjoyed celebrating with her. Allison had fun playing with her little cousin Cooper, who although not only 2 is quickly catching up to her in size! They had fun in Aunt Jan's beautiful back yard!

The other highlight of the weekend was a trip to the petting farm. There is so much to do there that it really is a different trip each time you go. Allison had a ball feeding the goats, taking her 2nd pony ride (without Mommy by her side this time!), playing in the windmill water with Daddy, riding a tractor, etc. Like I said, LOTS to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the goat feeding picture best. Reminds me of when I was a child and could bottle feed the baby lambs on my aunt & uncle's farm. The milk was warm, and I remember the bottle with a big, black, thick nipple. I loved doing that. Was so nice to have you "home". :)

Love Mom/Nana

Kristi said...

Don't you just love weekends with family? Looks like Allison had a blast!

Kate said...

Hey Laurie!

Are you the Laurie that played my Pay it Forward?? Of course, in my rush, I never posted my e-mail so you could send me your address...if it was you (and I hope it was!), could you e-mail your address to me:

64coyote@verizon.net

Thanks Laurie! I'm so excited to send a little gift your way!!

Kate