Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Leaving Ohio






This will be my last installment of Ohio pictures. I know, I'll miss them too! Allison is already asking when we can go back! On Saturday afternoon we enjoyed hanging out at the local festival in town. The girls had a blast on the rides, and I enjoyed eating a funnel cake- you kind of HAVE to do that once a year, don't you? Well, I do! :)

They won little prizes after they played some games, and one prize was a trumpet that made the most annoying, I mean lovely, sound. Both girls were so excited to play their trumpets as we checked out the arts and crafts booths. I think Kaylei's Daddy may have already "lost" her trumpet, but because Allison has been asking for a trumpet for MONTHS, I'm sure hers won't get lost for quite awhile. It's loud folks- really loud! It wouldn't be so bad if it actually sounded like a trumpet, but no, it's just a high pitched nasty squeaky toy.

While we walked around the festival grounds we were able to listen to the entertainment warm up for the evening show- starring Bucky Covington- from American Idol. I thought he sounded GREAT, and if I was without child I would have stayed for the show. He sounded better than he ever did on Idol, that's for sure. It takes very little (VERY little!) to get me star struck, so it was kind of exciting. :)

On a side note, I always get people asking where I find the time to update my blog so often. Maybe I'm doing it a different way or my computer is fast or whatever, I don't know, but it really takes me almost no time at all. As soon as Allison goes down for rest time I download pictures from whatever we did that day or the day before (it might be a sickness to take this many pictures, but I have fun doing it) which takes about 3 minutes. Then I write a little ditty about the pictures (I type quickly, so that takes about 3 minutes too), and then I upload the pictures. This takes anywhere between 2-10 minutes, depending on Bloggers mood. I usually click to download the pictures and then go upstairs to do some little chore and come back later to publish the post. So all in all, it takes less than 10 minutes every day to do this blog. Like anything in life, we make time for what's important to us. My house is not the cleanest, I am not the prettiest or best dressed, and I have a to-do list that never seems to get done. But documenting my daughter's life is a priority to me right now, so I find 10 minutes a day to do it. So, there's my answer and I'm stickin' to it. :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

The girls look SO little in those rides. It's cute. Looks like they're really enjoying themselves.

Jodee said...

Wow! What a fun trip to Ohio. Cute pictures!

Kristi said...

Allison looks like she had a blast!
And from one blogger mama to another, don't worry about what others think, they probably take more time to watch a soap or paint their nails each day than you take to blog!
I'd be sad if you slowed down...
Kristi