Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ready to go!


We headed out this morning to Katie's house to swim and play in the backyard. Breakfast at our house takes FOREVER (cause I let her watch Curious George while she eats), so this morning I gave her a poptart and o.j. for the road, hoping we could get there before 9:00. I looked back at her on the way there and just had to pull over for a picture. That face just cracked me up!

Story to share:

Allison talks a lot about what she can do at certain ages. I think it started when I told her cousin J.J. would be able to drive now that she's 16. Anyway, the other day in the grocery store, as we're checking out (that's when she always seems to come up with her most interesting thoughts!) she asks, "Mommy, what can I do when I'm 45?" Trying not to laugh at the randomness of the age, I said, "Well, I guess at 45 you can do just about whatever you want to do." She smiled big and said, "When I'm 45 I'm going to go on a SAFARI!!' I said, "Sounds fun- have a good time" She asked if I could go with her, but at 84, I'm guessing I might pass on the safari trip. Sorry kid. :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wonder what brought about the random age of 45? That is too cute!
By the way, we do car breakfast every Sunday because we have to leave for church by 7:20! Kylie's favorite is Strawberry NutriGrain bars which can leave one heck of a mess on her Sunday best...

Kate said...

Love the new look! Allison's not old enough to go to school - say it's not so!

Jodee said...

Cute picture and story!

Love your new blog look too!