Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Look Back


This week I've been thinking a lot about babies in China, so I thought I'd take a look back at our baby when she lived in China. This was a picture (among several) that was taken with the camera we sent to her foster family prior to traveling. You can see she's holding a pillow with our lovely image on it. We didn't get the pillow returned to us- I hope that's because her foster mother wanted to remember who her new parents were. :) I think of that woman often, as it was obvious that Allison came to us well cared for.

I'm going to go upstairs now and video tape my little angel doing her Lady and the Tramp impression when she's supposed to be sleeping. Bark, bark, bark! Bark, bark, bark!! :)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

What a cutie she was back then. Cool idea on the pillow, I've been trying to figure out a good thing to send to Caleb!
By the way, I like the new look!

Anonymous said...

I did not realize that you had these pictures. They are priceless! For some reason I thought Allison was at the orphanage instead of a foster home. Do you have any info about her foster mother?

Thanks for your message regarding Maddie on my website. I too have lost your address. I'm sure I have it tucked away somewhere but my brain is not working the best right now. Ellie took the news of Maddie's passing fairly well. I wish things were as easy to take when you are an adult as they are when you are 3.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that that's really Allison. How she has grown in every way.

Love, MoM

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Allison was in foster care. What a precious photo of her history to have. I also like the new look of the blog! If only Wordpress had more options!

missy said...

This is SUCH a sweet photo! Paige was in foster care, too. We still email with them today. I am sure Allison was really loved!

Jodee said...

This picture is just adorable! Thanks for sharing!