Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall back to Summer



Two days ago I put Allison in long sleeves, jeans, socks and shoes, and today she was back in short sleeves and shorts. Come on fall, return, return!! :) Shopping for Allison, her Daddy will concur, is one of my favorite things to do. We are SO fortunate because we get TONS of great hand-me-down clothing from the professional shopper, my sister-in-law, Sheila. I really don't have to shop much to finish off Allison's seasonal wardrobe, but of course I do anyway! And fall clothes shopping is my favorite, both for myself and for her. The colors are just so warm and inviting. And even though I love putting her in girly clothes, I also love for her to wear jeans- she looks so grown up when she wears them, and there are some really cute jean styles out there for little kids. I hope I won't live vicariously through my child, but I do shop vicariously through her, that's for sure!

Today we had a lazy day (no plans), so we ran some errands and then headed to McDonalds to share a lunch. She is such a great dining companion. I told my mom that I enjoyed eating with her more than some adults- she is always LOVING the food, she makes me laugh through the whole meal, and we have great conversation. What more could I ask for? Of course after eating with adults I don't have to come home and deal with wet panties and then poopy panties all in a matter of 5 minutes. IRRRR!! It's "funny" because we have a potty book where the child has an accident and the mommy says, "That's okay!', so every time she has an accident she looks at me and says, "The mommy said that's okay!" Dang mommy in that book! Why couldn't she have said, "That's okay, but please remember to tell me you have to go next time, okay?"

Funny Allison story of the day... This weekend we were shopping for a new washing machine, and out of nowhere, as this man is showing us around, Allison says, reciting from a book we read a lot, "We do NOT have to be afraid. God is ALLLLLways with us!" Was she thinking she should be afraid of the washing machines or what? Seriously, she has got to go into ministry in some way. She knows her Bible stories so well. Later, at dinner, she tells me, "God and Jesus live in my heart.... and in my mind" I just smile at her and say, "Yep, they sure do, honey!" She also thinks she was born in heaven. We really have worked on the China answer, but I think she prefers heaven. Works for me!

Happy Monday, everyone!
Laurie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie! You're a blogging maniac. You're making me look like a slacker! JK ~ I'm enjoying reading all the updates and looking at the pictures. I'm a shopaholic too when it comes to Ellie. I'm obsessed with buying her clothes and books. I bet there are some really good malls in the Nashville area (hint, hint)!