Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Time to kill? Visit Petsmart!




Today was lunch with Daddy Wednesday, but we had some time to kill before meeting him, so we visited the local Petsmart. We've been doing this on a pretty regular basis over the past year, and it's funny to watch how her favorites change and how fears develop. Those of you who know me know I have issues with birds, so I've been VERY careful not to project that fear onto Allison, but these days she wants nothing to do with the birds, covering her face with her hands as we walk by them. Her favorite place to visit is by far the fish tanks. Those poor fish. I'm sure they see her coming and panic. She RUNS to the tanks, and the fish scatter everywhere. I want to tell her not to do it, but it's so darn funny to watch!

After the pet store we still had time to kill, so we dropped by our local "outrageously priced but really cool kid clothes" shop, where Mommy dropped more on one dress for Allison than she did on 3 items of clothing for herself the previous day, no lie! I had Allison show the dress to Daddy- I mean, how mad could he get with his daughter holding the dress up for him to see? :) This trick works, ladies, take it from me.

After dress shopping we took my car for a much needed wash. Is there anyone else out there who struggles with these "put it in neutral and don't brake" kind of car washes? Probably not. I'm sure it's just me, but I'm the loser in front of you who has no clue what to do. That's right- advanced degrees on the wall, but I can't get my car through a simple car wash. I was showing my stress (no bad words, I promise) and from the back seat I hear, "Mommy, it will all be O... K!" God love her!

I am reminded daily of how blessed I am to be raising this little girl. In a world with such uncertainty (I'm sure we all thought a lot about that on yesterday's 9/11 anniversary) we must embrace every day and remember that this life is in preparation for the next one. I still have a LOT to learn, but this little girl is teaching me every single day!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your blog looks great...I am so glad to have another blogger friend! Just visit mine to see what life with boys is like!!

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Laurie!

Your blog looks great and I have a problem with those car washes too:)

Kim