Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Importance of Friends






After returning from China in February '06, we decided to make a move from Kansas City to Saint Louis. Through a yahoo site I met Beth, who lived in St. Louis and would be traveling to China the day we returned home- I'm sure our planes passed in the sky. Her daughter, Katie, was born in the same province as Allison, Jiangxi, and they were just two days apart. As soon as we relocated to Saint Louis, Beth and I got together with the girls. We didn't know then what a wonderful friendship would form for the girls, as well as for us. Now we get together about once a week, and recently we've started the date night swap, where once a month Scott and I get date night while she and her husband John watch Allison, and then we swap. It's been a great arrangement! The pictures today show Allison and Katie playing and eating together at Beth and John's. She always has a wonderful time when she's over there, and we love keeping Katie in turn.

Scott and I had a superb dinner last night and then laughed until we hurt at a local comedy club. I'm already looking forward to our next date night. :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Laurie

0 comments: