Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Craft time with Daddy




Sometimes I really do think Scott would do a better job staying home with Allison. He always has such fun ideas for things to do with her, inside and outside the house! This week he found a paper bag and they were off and running. I love watching my husband play with our daughter- it is one of my greatest joys!

Stories to share: Allison is getting quite good at saying her own prayers at night. I think I've shared one before, but this week she topped herself. We went to a pull-up at bedtime instead of a diaper. She loved the idea of it and was excited to try it. At bedtime we asked her if she wanted to say a prayer. "Deeeear God, thank you for a beautiful day." Then there was a long pause where usually she says "Amen!" right away. I said, "Is there something you want to ask God?' She continues, "Deeeaar God, please watch over me. I am wearing a pull up and I don't want to have an accident." How Scott and I managed to contain our laughter is beyond me, but we did, until we got out of her room at least! :) She is really a darling little girl!

2nd story- the other night I was trying to get jammies on Allison (my LEAST favorite part of the day), and she was being uncooperative as usual (not always so darling!), and I was getting frustrated. All of a sudden she goes and sits herself on the naughty step. Again, containing laughter was difficult. Scott says, "Allison, why are you sitting there?" She says, "Because I was not being nice." The child is putting HERSELF in time out? What a riot! A minute or two later he says to her, "What did you do to sit on the naughty step?" and she says, "I was not being nice to Mommy!" She gets up, gives me a hug and gets into her jammies. Now, if only this would work when she's a teenager? Yea, right! :)

That's all folks- my little one is waking up, and I get to take her to a friend's house this morning so I can get some shopping done. YIPPEE!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Very cute bag!! Katie and I made one of those about a month ago. She loved it!! I wish now I had kept it and they could wear them together. :)

3 Peanuts said...

Daddies can be very fun!

Kim

3 Peanuts said...

Oh and I loved the 2 stories. Kate put herself in time out yesterday too:)

Kim

Kristi said...

The "self inflicted" naughty step is too funny!

Kristi

Jodee said...

Those stories are hilarious! We also have a naughty step at our house. A hands on Daddy is the best!