Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Where did my baby go?


Tonight we headed out, AGAIN, to St. Charles to enjoy the Christmas carolers, Dickens characters, and decorations. It's really beautiful this time of year, and Allison LOVES going there, so we thought we'd go one last time before Christmas. All of the characters walking around (Santa's from different eras, Scrooge, Tiny Tim, etc.), hand out cards with their pictures and little stories about them. We've been collecting them each time we go, and now I think she has about 15 cards- not bad since there are only 26 to be had. :) She calls them her "Christmas cards"- it's very cute. We usually eat at the same restaurant every time we go (FABULOUS baked ziti!), but this time we tried a new place. It was equally yummy. :) Scott took this picture of Allison and when I downloaded it tonight it just took my breath away. She really is a big girl, and I'm really having a hard time accepting it. Can anyone relate?

I'll leave you with a funny story from our trip back to KC. At one of our Christmas celebrations I looked over and noticed Allison was moving her head around in different ways, and I asked her, "What are you doing?" She said, "My head moves." Then she kind of grabbed it, as if she was going to try and pull it off her body. I just looked at her and she said, "And it doesn't come off!" We all just stared at her and then burst out laughing. I mean, just when you think your kid might be brighter than the average bear, they say something like that! Hmmm. :)

1 comments:

Kaylei Elizabeth Ling said...

Kaylei did the exact same thing with her head the other day. It cracked us up.

St. Charles sounds so neat. Maybe we can do that one year.

Merry Christmas - enjoy the fun that's about to come with that beautiful little girl.

Becky