Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Two Years Ago Today!!!


It doesn't seem possible that it has been TWO YEARS since we received "the call", telling us about our beautiful daughter, Lu Wei Feng. I remember it well because we were expecting the call and I was lucky enough (a God thing, I'm sure) to be home from work because we had a snow day. I was home on a snow day the following day also, when her pictures and information arrived. It was one of the best days of my life, and I will never forget it. We found out she was from the Jiangxi province, that she had lots of hair, and that she'd be 9 1/2 months old when we met her. The following day we took her picture (put into already home-made frames for each family member) to everyone to introduce her. Every family member was home (what are the odds?) and it was a joyous day for everyone!

From the time we turned in our paperwork to the time we traveled was 10 months for us, and I thought that was a lifetime. People meeting their children in China right now had to wait exactly 2 years to get there, and Scott and I will have to wait who knows how many years before we will be able to meet our 2nd child. But as we learned even before Allison arrived, God's timing is perfect for our lives, and we trust in Him totally!

I don't see a whole lot of Allison in this early picture, but it sits on my bedside table even today- a daily reminder of how much I've been blessed in my life. The "curse" of infertility turned into the greatest blessing I could have ever imagined, and I wouldn't trade the experience now for anything!

If you're in group 209 and you're reading this, please know that we thought of all of you today and wondered how you were remembering this special day. Our girls will forever have such a special bond with one another, and we feel blessed to know each and every one of you and to have shared this experience in our lives with you. God bless!

Laurie

3 comments:

Kristi said...

She was so inquisitive! Referral day, how it changes life forever!!! And yes, funny how God takes what we see as a curse and turns it into a blessing beyond our wildest dreams...

Anonymous said...

We had a busy weekend but every now and then I would think "two years ago today I was..." We feel very blessed to know you guys too. We are very lucky to be part of such a great travel group.

Jodee said...

What an adorable picture. You are truly blessed!!!