Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Busch Wildlife Area





Ever since moving to St. Louis (about 2 years ago) we've been talking about exploring Busch Wildlife Area, which is about 10 minutes from our house. We finally went there today, and it was really nice. I am not by nature the outdoorsy type, but I do enjoy spending time hiking and listening to the SILENCE around me. We couldn't see another person, car, or road in any direction, and that was so nice. Allison fell asleep right before we arrived, but she woke up easily and was ready to walk! She loved pointing out the big trees, the small trees, the leaves, the bugs, the grass, the rocks, you name it. She had to show us everything. Daddy found a great spot for her to sit and eat her lunch, and the only reason I put the video on here is because she was calling the tree stump a "tree lump", and it cracked me up. I guess I didn't speak clearly when calling it a stump. :) It was fun to see my girly girl get up close and personal with nature today- I hope we go back very soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of her walking down the lane to Scott made me think of Opie. The fishing pole was missing. Love, Nana