Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Only Child?




I don't have any new pictures today, so I posted a few from last week of Allison playing with a b-day present she got from her aunt and uncle. She REALLY likes to paint and had a ball with this sidewalk paint.

On to the story behind the post title. I am really hoping Allison won't be an only child, but if she had it her way, she would be. This morning I was down at the computer while she was upstairs playing for a bit. I heard her coming down the stairs, just chatting away. Here is what I heard:

"Don't have other children. I'm the ONLY one! Other children are not cute. I am the only one, okay Mommy? I am the ONLY one!"

I was ROLLING!! I sure wish I knew how these things came to her head. Was she watching Word Factory and thought Tad would be happier without Leap and Lilly? Who knows! I do know that it makes her sound VERY spoiled, which she is, of course, with attention that is! And it makes me want China to hurry up already so we can get another child into this family so she'll see it's not all about her. :)

4 comments:

Jodee said...

Oh my goodness! That is hilarious! Cute pictures too!

Kristi said...

Believe me, if Kylie were talking more I'm sure she'd be saying the same thing...

Kaylei Elizabeth Ling said...

I'm with you! Kaylei needs a sibling soooon!

Becky

missy said...

How funny!!! Hey, she knows when she's got a good thing going...!

Even though Paige has my brother and I, she doesn't consider us siblings. She has always said if I were to adopt she would run away...Geesh! : )