Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Caution- proud Mommy post ahead!






Tonight my little sweetheart hit the ice for the first time, and it was a great experience! I had no idea I could feel this much pride in a three year old child, but I did. I felt like I was watching her accomplish the most exciting thing in her little life so far, and I was just SO proud of her! We really weren't sure if she'd even try it, even though she's been wanting to learn for a long time. In 30 short minutes she went from not being able to walk on the skates without holding our hands, to walking VERY slowly on the ice all by herself. YIPPEE!! She was by far the youngest, smallest, most inexperienced skater on the ice tonight, but with the help of some very sweet, very patient teachers, she accomplished a lot.

For the past year we've been collecting books (can't think of the author off hand) with titles like Silver Skates, Good Luck Pony, Golden Locket, etc. Each book comes with a necklace, and we've told her she can have all the necklaces when she's four. But we made an exception tonight and gave her the silver skates necklace and told her she could wear it when she had her lessons, just like the girl in the book. She was excited, and I could see her showing her necklace to the teachers during the lesson. So sweet!

Enjoy the pictures, and don't make fun of me too much for being so excited in the video just because my child moved her feet on the ice. :)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay, I'm super impressed! Ice skating isn't the easiest task and it looks like Allison is off to a good start!

Anonymous said...

A VERY proud Nana too and of course now I need to wipe my eyes. It's hard to believe that she could even stand, let alone move.

Hope I'll be here for the winter olympics when she makes it. :)

missy said...

You are just the sweetest mommy! You can hear the pride in your voice...it is so sweet! YAY for Allison! She might be the next Kristy Yamaguchi : )

Jodee said...

What a sweet video! Allison looks totally natural on the ice. I am super impressed too!

Kate said...

Oh I totally loved watching that little video! Good for Allison! It is so great to find something they love to do!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Kate