Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!




To all the mommies out there- I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day today! My post today is a tribute to the wonderful moms in my life. Since I'm too lame to figure out how to write under each picture, I'll tell you that the first picture is of my mom, the 2nd picture is Scott's mom, and the 3rd picture is Scott's step-mom. I feel very blessed to have these 3 wonderful women in my life and in the life of my child.

My mom was ALWAYS there for me when I was growing up. She was home when I got home from school, and we would always talk about my day. She sewed for me, baked cookies for me, took me shopping, listened to me when I had all my boy troubles, understood me (most of the time!), let me have freedom with boundaries, taught me how to be a good mom, and loved me no matter what. Today she is a fantastic grandma to my little one, and Allison LOVES her Nana! I love you, Mom!

I was comfortable from day one with my mother-in-law. She is the easiest person to get along with. I could spend hours in her kitchen, playing games and just telling stories. She is a GREAT listener! I always feel like she is genuinely interested in all of my stories. :) She's also a great cook, so being at her house during meal time is a treat. I love you, Judie!

My step-mother-in-law is also a VERY easy person to get along with. She is so much fun to talk to. Her laugh in contagious, and she always makes you feel right at home in her home. I love how she greets Allison with a "Hello there, sunshine!" whenever she sees her. I love you, Sonja!

Some people don't even have one positive motherly influence in their lives, but I am fortunate enough to have three, and I know I am blessed!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
Thank you for the kind words, and I wish you were here today. You're the BEST mom I know, and If I had the least amount of responsibility for that, I am blessed.
Have a wonderful day.

Love, MoM