Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Friends




Today was "play with Katie" day, and Allison woke up ready to go to the mall. it was 7:30, so I had to stall for a little bit, but we did go early to walk around before meeting up with Katie and Beth. Pottery Barn Kids had a story time, so we hung out for that. My child was the only one who sat in her little chair the whole time, answering the ladies questions and appearing interested. Go figure- not that she likes books or anything. The other kids were much more interested in the kitchen and other toys located right by the story circle (hello, do the PBK people know anything about kids?) but fun was had by all.

The girls then had a blast playing house in the front of the store where my dream bed for Allison is located. We've told her she can have the dream bed (she calls it a sleep over bed- it's a trundle) if she'll stop sucking her thumb for good. At the rate we're going, the bed will be out of style by the time she earns it. But anyway, it's just so fun to watch the girls play. Katie has always played the mommy role, where Allison is more the baby. Katie had so much fun tucking Allison in, and Allison loved her role too- well, until Katie thought Shay Shay should be taken from Allison to be placed in the stroller. Don't mess with Shay Shay, I tell ya! Allison's claws come out! :)

We then did our normal routine- carousel, play area, shop in a couple kids stores. I found 2 swimsuits on sale at The Children's Place- yahoo! I was getting tired of the same 2 suits she had, which look exactly the same- ha!

Then Beth treated us to lunch at CPK- YUM!!! I get the same thing EVERY time (the garlic chicken pizza- well, minus the onions and garlic- I'm SO picky!), and it was delicious once again. I love our mall dates with our best buddies. Daddy is on his way home now to grill us some burgers- YAHOO again! SO, I'd better get upstairs and get the sides going. :)

1 comments:

Kristi said...

At first when I saw the pictures I was having serious room envy ~ then I read the script and when I went back to look again I noticed that the blankets are in plastic wrap...
What a fun day! Good luck with the thumb sucking and take notes for me ~ we'll be crossing that bridge before too much longer.