Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Missouri Botanical Gardens







This weekend we headed out to visit the Botanical Gardens and LOVED it! There was so much to see, but we took in just a fraction and called it a day. It was over 90 degrees, and we wanted to leave happy, so we didn't make too long of a trip out of it. But it really was neat. They had a large play area for kids, and we spent most of our time there, although Allison really enjoyed looking at all the gardens, flowers, and sculptures. There were also a few weddings going on! We actually got to watch a bride walk down the path with her dad. That was neat! After seeing that, Allison told us she wanted to get married. She said, "I want there to be balloons and a princess cake." :) I'm sure her groom will have no problem with that!

Later in the evening I said, "You may go play in the playroom for a little bit and then it will be time to get ready for bed." About 5 minutes later Scott says, "Bring your camera- come look!" He had found her on her bedroom floor- guess the visit to the gardens wore her out? :)

These days I spend most of my time just laughing at my child. She really is a funny little girl. The way she talks and the words she puts together just kill me. Last night we were eating dinner and she said, "Okay, I'd like to ask you a question. The question I'd like to ask is..." I can't even remember what she asked. We probably didn't hear it because we were laughing at the way she approached it. I also hear myself in her EVERY DAY! We were out at a restaurant, and when I tried to help her out of the booth she was making it very difficult, just being squirmy and all. When she finally got down she said, "Oh, CRYMANY!" I cracked up. I guess I could be saying worse things when I'm frustrated with her? :) But it made the moment funny instead of frustrating, and I just love that. Yesterday she was reading her Bernstain Bears book about a family going on a picnic. Whenever I read it I try to point out things about the characters, how they might be feeling or whatever. Well, last night I heard her reading it to herself and she said, "Look at the Mommy. She's like, confused or something!" I need to stop saying like all the time. :)

Okay, that's all for now. After our morning trip to the park and our time in the pool, I'm like, really tired, so I'm going to go rest a bit. Have a great, like, Monday! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Her hair is growing so fast. I think I'll be able to get some good pig tails the next time I get to comb it.

Love, MoM

Kristi said...

It's almost scary how they begin to "parrot" us, isn't it? I've actually heard Kylie tell herself to "take a deep breath" when she gets worked up about something.
It looks like the gardens were a hit!

Beth said...

Glad you enjoyed the Gardens. Looks like she definitely wore herself out.