Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Pool is Ready!




Sunday evening we headed to The Galleria (a fancy word for a fancy mall) to meet a friend of mine from high school and her family at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I hadn't seen my friend in about 4 years, and I'd never met her family, so it was quite the treat. We all had a great time. You never think when you're in high school that someday your kids would be reading to one another. It was a bit surreal, but wonderful! Halfway through dinner I noticed that Allison was hot. It felt like fever to me, but she sure wasn't acting sick at all. We were at the restaurant for 2 1/2 hours, and when I put Allison in the car I said, "Now she's REALLY hot". I took her temperature once we got home- 102 in one ear, 104 in the other. OUCH! It was bedtime, so we drugged her up, gave her some extra love, and put her to bed. I went in every 1/2 hour or so until I knew she'd cooled off a bit. The next day she was up and down with it again, so we laid low for the day. The next day (today) we were supposed to do fun stuff with my friend and her family, but I didn't feel right about taking Allison anywhere with a fever OR getting my friend's kiddos sick. BIG BUMMER!! She was without fever most of the day today, but right before nap I took it again, and it was still over 100. Hopefully by tonight it will be all gone and we can get outside and enjoy the great weather!

For the most part, Allison has been VERY chipper the past few days. We took a little time to enjoy our brand new little back porch pool. I LOVE IT!! Allison was in heaven and wanted to play in it all night. We were out in it a little bit today too, and I'm guessing we'll spend much of our summer in it. Thank you Daddy for our pool! :)

4 comments:

the Crists said...

I hope Allison is feeling better soon! She looks like she loves the water!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Just like a woman, can't make up her mind. Are we washing the pool to make money or to make it cold.
What a kid. I miss her sooooooo much.

Love, MoM

Jodee said...

Cute pool pictures. I hope Allison is feeling better soon. Fevers during the summer are no fun!

missy said...

Fevers are so scary. I hope Allison is back to herself in no time flat. Love the new pool!