Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Dear Dad,

Tomorrow I know I will get caught up in honoring my daughter's daddy, so tonight I wanted to take the time to honor you! I know the last 42 years of being my dad haven't always been easy, but I hope you'll agree that you've done a pretty darn good job! Your children are far from perfect, but the qualities we both possess today are in large part to your influence, and I want to thank you...

For..

Most importantly, taking me to church and often MAKING me go to church. Even though some Sundays I think we were there for 5 hours (at least it seemed so), I am very thankful now that you made it a top priority in our family.

Placing value on my education. I'm not all that bright, but I'm not stupid either. When someone says to me, "I'll pay for your education as long as you keep going to school", I'm going as far as I can go. The fact that I can support myself by doing something I love (although it's VERY nice now to be supported by my husband so I can stay home to raise Allison) is an incredible gift, and I have always appreciated it.

Taking us on fun vacations when we were little, and more importantly, taking me on a GREAT vacation when I was an adult. It was life changing for us, and I am thankful for that time with you.

Being a living example of what a growing Christian is supposed to look like. You don't proclaim to "know it all", but the things you do to grow in your faith inspire me.

For hugging me when we say hello and goodbye. My "Love Language"- I know you've read that book, is touch, so that is important to me!

Being my friend.



I hope you enjoy a fabulous Father's Day! I'll miss seeing you, but you will be in my thoughts.

I love you,
Laur

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was almost 5 hrs. at church when you were small. You sang in the choir that sang at 8:00 and mom and dad sang at 11:00, so we were there at least 41/2 hrs.

MoM