Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Be Patient, Be Patient, Don't be in such a hurry...

These are lyrics to a song I learned when I was a very little girl, that I still sing sometimes today. Here's the whole song...

Be patient, be patient, don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient, you only start to worry
Remember, remember, that God is patient too
And think of all the times when others had to wait for you

This little song helps when you're in a long line at the post office or when a friend is late meeting you for lunch. It's not helping me out too much as I wait to hear word on if I've been officially accepted to adopt again from China. The general consensus was that we would hear something this week. That consensus has changed due to an email we received from our agency today, explaining that the CCAA (big wigs in China) is a bit behind due to being on vacation, and to please have patience waiting for RA's to be delivered. SO, that sounds like nothing will be happening this week and it really gave us NO idea as to when they might come. Just that they will come. Eventually. Meanwhile Aaron is getting older every day and living under the care of nannies in an orphanage. Not exactly what I'm wanting for him. I want him home, with us, being loved on all the time! I'll keep you posted on any progress. You never know, we could still hear something in the near future, but for now, I'm not holding my breath. :(

I couldn't JUST write this icky news, so here's an old picture of Allison just for fun! :)




6 comments:

Kristi said...

My heart aches for you and the rest of the crowd waiting for RAs right now! I'm praying that you will find peace as you wait...
Cute picture of Allison by the way!

the Crists said...

Oh how we remember the long wait - from February to June for Molly's RA. It is so much harder in some ways once you've seen their precious face. We will pray for you and little Aaron!
Tina

Andrea said...

Oh how I loved the Music Machine! I'd check out the book + tape kit from the church library each week. Until my mom finally bought me the record... as in vinyl!

I'm glad you got some news. I know it's not the news you wanted but sometimes it's better to have a why if you can't have a when. I will pray that you are pleasantly surprised anyways and that it just pops up when you least expect it. ;-)

Denise said...

I am so sorry that you are waiting...I know how hard the wait is. I am praying for those RA's to come soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow your story is so moving and I love the "Be patient song" I still sing it and for a long time all I could remember was the first part till I read your blog. Thanks for reminding me that I sometimes have to be patient for God and his timing.

Laurie said...

Dear Anonymous!

I have no idea how you got to this post since it's been over a year since I wrote it. WOW! I'd love to know who you are- so head on over to the new blog at web.me.com/adayinthelife to say hello!

Laurie