Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch!

Happy Thursday! We had such a fun morning with our friends, Cat and Morgan. We headed out to a local pumpkin patch we'd heard a lot about. Turns out it's really famous for the activities it has available on the weekends. Oh well- we still had lots of fun with the girls, and with temps in the high 50's, I was in HEAVEN!! After playing at the patch we headed to lunch at St. Louis Bread, or Panera, depending on where you live, and it was oh so yummy, as usual!

I love the story of how Cat and I became friends. She was Allison's first swimming teacher when we took the Mommy and Me class at the Y last year. She taught the class while demonstrating everything on her own daughter, which I thought was really neat. As is so often the case I found myself thinking, she seems like such a neat person, but I have no idea how to become her friend. Making friends was so much easier when I was younger. I didn't have so many insecurities. Or I did but I didn't let them get in the way. Turns out God had a plan for us, as he placed us at the Borders store at the mall on the same morning a few weeks after swim class had ended. We began talking, discovered we were both Christians, and there you go- we became friends. Recently we've gotten our husbands together and they seem to hit it off too, so it's nice. :)

Right now my little angel should be napping or resting, but instead I hear the sweet little pitter patter of feet running back and forth from room to room. Obviously NOT sleeping OR resting. Hmmmm. Tonight is the final ballet/tap class, and parents can watch, take pictures, etc. SO, look for a new post tomorrow with ballerina pictures. Until then!




Getting Allison and Morgan to pose at the same time proved quite difficult, but I tried!



It was tough to get her off the swing to look around some more! This girl and swings- she could go for hours!



How cute is THIS? I told Cat I should be paid for this picture! :)



Allison and Mommy peeking through the bus



How 'bout them pumpkins? :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a great day!! can't wait to see the dance pictures!!!

Kristi said...

Oh, the pumpkin patch... Wonder if we can squeeze a visit in before next Thursday?
Love the pictures, love the story of your friendship, and love that you share your life with your bloggy friends! I do hope that we can meet in "real land" one day!

Jill said...

Great photos! I love the photo of Allison and the giant pumpkin. Aren't Christian friends the greatest blessing?