Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

WARNING: Proud Mama Post Ahead!

I've been saving my money to buy a program called "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Days!", but I think I'll spend it on books instead. Yesterday I found Allison in the middle of her room, which was covered in these little beginner reader books that I was planning on introducing her to in the near future. She looked really interested in them, so we headed to the couch to read one. I suggested she read it (although up till now she'd only sounded out words and was not able to string them together), but she said, "Let's take turns. You read one page and then I'll read one." I said, "Okay, you start." I never got to read. She, very slowly, read the book to me. Daddy missed the moment, so this morning I called him into her room and handed her another new book from the collection. She sat on the floor in front of us and read us the book. We were giddy!! :)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow!! Good job Allison! Are those the Bob books?

Journey to Mia Lynn: said...

Awesome job Allison! WOW! She is a great little reader, isn't she? I would say that your money would most definitely be better spent on more books than the program! Doesn't look like Miss Allison is going to need it! Way to go~all of you! Jen P.

missy said...

Ok, the teacher in me wants to come out and scream way out loud that she is reading!!! WOW! I knew she was bright.

Laurie, I have a ton of emergent reading books that we don't need anymore if you'd be interested in them. Let me know.

This video melted my heart!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope you've got a good college fund!

Unknown said...

Wow! Very impressive! You should be a proud mama!

Kristi said...

Don't apologize on being proud! My mom still likes to tell people that I figured out how to read on my own and gave my preschool teachers quite a surprise! Allison is such a cute little bookworm!