Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Omaha fun!

One thing on our list of things to do in Omaha was to visit Boys' Town. We didn't have time to take the official tour, but we did learn a lot from the kind lady at the gift shop, who told us all about the grounds, the programs, etc. We toured the grounds and supported the mission by purchasing a few things at the shop. :)

On Saturday night we visited our friends Matt and Heather. Their family was in our travel group from 2006, and Heather and I have grown very close over the past couple of years. We turned in our dossiers for our 2nd adoptions on the same day, but they received their referral a month earlier, so they are headed to China THIS WEEK!! If someone came to visit me a week before I went to China I'd be a basket case. Not Heather! Her house was spotless (and I have a feeling it's like that every day, not just when visitors come!), she had prepared a yummy meal, and she had activities for the girls to do. Seriously, this is one organized woman! Claire (their 3 year old) was a bit under the weather, and Allison was a bit cranky from lack of sleep, but they got along great and had a fun time anyway. Thanks to Heather's older kids being fantastic helpers, the adults were actually able to have some nice conversation throughout the evening. We enjoyed their hospitality so much and can't wait to return for some more! :)

My next post (unless something exciting happens tomorrow, PLEASE let something exciting happen tomorrow!!) will be from our awesome time at Vala's, a pumpkin patch in Omaha. I can't really call it a "patch", though. It was more like, well, there's just no way to describe how HUGE and wonderful it was!! We could have spent the weekend there and still not done everything. Stay tuned for pictures!





2 comments:

Kristi said...

Aren't visits with travel buddies the best? We're fortunate enough to now live in the same city with two of Kylie's "China sisters!"
I wish it had worked out that you were traveling this week too, I would have loved to have met you in China...

Jodee said...

I am sooo enjoying your Omaha pictures. Of course, they all look very familiar to me. However, I haven't been to Boys Town since high school so it's been almost 20 years!

Can't wait to see the Vala pictures. I have heard it is a blast!

It sounds like your friends really rolled out the red carpet for you. What a nice treat!