Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Watched Pot

Well, I'm tired of watching the pot, so I decided to update the blog with some new Omaha pictures. :) I decided this at 9:00 AM but just remembered that I hadn't actually posted it and it's 5:00 PM. Oops!

I would call Vala's the "mother of all pumpkin patches". In fact, I don't even remember seeing a lot of pumpkins- it was more like a HUGE fall festival of fun. After looking through my pictures I realized that I needed to take a few of the surroundings and not just close ups of my kiddo- sorry. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it that it was a really cool place! Or, go to Omaha next fall! :)

I have a lot of pictures from this day, so it'll take me a few days to get through them all.

Happy Thursday, everyone!



Heading out of the hotel and to the pumpkin patch. Daddy always makes the ride fun!



First we visited the park where Daddy played as a child. He couldn't wait to take her up in his favorite rocket, only to find out it had been barred up so you couldn't get in it. Ah, the 70's, where nothing was really safe. I sometimes miss those days! :)



The good witch!



"Here's a flower for YOU!" Is anyone else's child OBSESSED with flower/weed picking????



Reading a sign about the bunnies. Love how her little finger is pointing to the words! The sign told her not to put her hands over the fence because the bunnies might bite. It was cute to see her scared little face after she read the sign.



We spotted Cinderella (not sure what she was doing at the pumpkin patch, but okay), and you can see the anticipation in Allison's face as she waits her turn to say hello.



This is our child's nervousness showing through.



The nerves give way to excitement as she runs to meet Cinderella!



Okay, I'm no Cinderella, but no one's PAYING me to be her either! Allison could care less- she thought she'd met the REAL princess and was happy to have her picture taken.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Well your hopeful anticipation was good for others because shared referrals came in today! I LOVE the one of Allison holding the "flower". I have to always remind LeighAnna not to pick potted plants or flowers. But dandelions are okay to pick. The neighbors appreciate that about her.

Denise said...

Just stalking every AW blog...come on RA's!! Thanks for the great pics~

Kristi said...

Maybe Cinderella was looking for her pumpkin coach? I too miss the great playgrounds of my childhood. Are we raising a new generation of "sissys" who can't deal with a tumble or two?

Love the pictures of Allison! She is such a doll and has so much expression in her face!

I'm praying that your RA comes soon!