Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fun with a friend






This morning we had a little play date with a friend of ours, Olivia. Olivia's mom is Lori, and when I met her she was working for our adoption agency. She is the person we had our initial talk with, and we thought so highly of her that we ended up signing with the agency, AWAA.

I'm so glad Lori and I have kept up our communication. I'll never forget going to breakfast with her one morning, shortly after she and her husband had brought home Olivia. I knew our referral was just a few months away, and it was so exciting to spend time with someone who had just returned from China. I brought a LONG list of questions that morning, I'll tell you that! Olivia and Allison play very well together, and I'm already looking forward to another play date in the near future.

On a side note, Allison is SO excited that today is Halloween. Several times today she's looked at me and said, "It's HalloWEEN!" or "Happy Halloween Day, Mommy!" So cute! The weather should be cool but nice. My pumpkin is fast asleep right now, so she'll be well rested and ready to go come 6:00! I hope all of you reading this have a great Halloween night. :)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Aren't playdates with "China sisters" fun? Allison's dress is adorable! Happy Trick or Treating to you all tonight! Kylie is still napping, hopefully she'll make the long haul this evening...

Danielle Moss said...

She is SO CUTE! Love that little Halloween dress.

Hope you have a Happy Halloween.

Andrea said...

Is Allison a lefty too? That pink crayon looks awful comfortable there in her left hand! LeighAnna switches now and then, but her left has always been dominant.

3 Peanuts said...

Adorable dress! Kate has the same one:)