Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Slow day....



Nothing exciting is planned for today, so my pictures are a bit lame, but important none the less. The first one is NOT a picture of Allison's new hair cut, don't worry. I just finally put a plan into place to keep food out of her hair. It seemed like after every meal she'd have this icky, sticky hair I'd have to comb through. So now we're putting her hair back when she eats and it's SO much better. Very simple solution I should have figured out about 6 months ago. I'm a little slow sometimes.

The other shot shows that Allison is one letter into being able to write her name. I have been practicing A's with her for a few months now, but she just kept making parallel lines. She is able to make an H however, so I knew an A was not far off. Today I was making lunch while she colored in the living room, and she called out, "I MADE AN A!!!!" She was so excited! Of course the documentation freak that I am had to take a picture of it and send it to Daddy at work right away! :) Guess it's time for me to work on her L's next so we can progress with the name.

Cute story of the day (recited from a book, of course)- she climbs up in my lap to have me read her a book, looks lovingly into my eyes and says, "I love you! You are very, very special to me!" I waited a long, long time to have children, but moments like that make the wait totally worth it! :)

0 comments: