Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy Birthday, Hubby!






Last week was my birthday and this week is my husband's, so I REALLY like this time of year! :) My present was a really nice trip to Nashville where we splurged on our living arrangements, and his present was an X box, which I realize most people have had since 1990, but oh well- we're finally getting around to having one! He's upstairs right now playing "Madden", a game I'm sure most men love to play! I also LOVE football, so I'm hoping he'll teach me how to play too!

Allison has a book where the little boy talks about loving Saturdays because he gets to spend all day with his Daddy. Well, these days Allison is interested in knowing what day of the week it is, so when I told her today was Saturday she said, "I get to spend the WHOLE day with my daddy!" and she wasn't kidding. She was all over him today, really wanting to play with him a LOT. It was wonderful! They both enjoyed each other, and Mommy got some housework done.

This afternoon we attended a big event at our church called The Family Circus. Lots of games for kids, food, and just fun things to do. We spent an hour there and had a ball, except for the 90 degree heat. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? Allison was thrilled to play the games, jump in the jumping house, participate in her first cake walk (no, we didn't win a cake), and watch funny clowns.

This afternoon we proceeded to watch K-State (my alma mater) lose to KU (the ONLY team I REALLY HATE LOSING TO), and tonight we plan on watching Nebraska (Scott's team) and hopefully seeing them beat Missouri. Yes, I understand we live in Missouri, but we are true to our college teams! :)

I hope everyone reading this is having a great weekend!!

Laurie

1 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Laurie,

Just catching up on your trip. It looks like you had a fantastic time. I am happy for you.

Kim