Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not always a sweet face


This will be a short post, as our big excitement for the day was a trip to Target. I love this picture for two reasons. One is that Allison is now getting into making different faces when you request them. It's a hoot! I can't remember what face I asked her to make when she gave me this one, but it is common these days. I also like the picture because it shows her wearing a cute new outfit I got for her when I went shopping the other night. I just love the little leggings. It really looked cute with her pink shoes, but I failed to capture that picture. Once we get in the house the shoes and socks come flying off! Usually whatever bottoms she's wearing come flying off too, so hey, I was lucky to get a shot of her with most of the outfit on.

A side story- I'm very happy about how well Allison is using her manners- most of the time anyway. We've really been working on the please and thank you comments and also trying to notice when people do nice things for us. The other day my dad opened the garage door for us to go outside and she said, "That was very nice of PaPaw to open the garage door for us!" and today when a neighbor loaned us a fun tricycle to use she said, "That was so nice of Kim to give us the bike to use!" I hope these comments continue. I want her to grow up to be appreciative of what other people do for her. Sometimes the life of a stay at home mom can leave me feeling unappreciated, but today when I wiped her face after a meal she said, "Thank you, Mommy!" in the sweatest voice and that makes it all worth it. :)

1 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Beauty and manners...what a good combo. You are teashing her well. LOVE the leggings! May I ask where you got them. She looks adorable.

Kim