Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ghost Hunt Party!





Last year we were in KC for Halloween too, and a neighbor of my mom held a ghost hunt party for all the little kids in the neighborhood. It was so much fun! We were thrilled to find that she was doing it again, and it would be held during the time we were in town. It gave us a chance to try out the pumpkin costume before the big day.

Picture one shows Allison relaxing before the party. She loves to run around, but she can chill with the best of them! You'll then see her "at the gate" ready to go on the hunt. There are little ghosts all over the lawn filled with treats and little toys. The kids have so much fun gathering them into their baskets. She had a great time, but again, so funny about her "favorite part". Mandy, the hostess, has a great swingset in her yard, and when I asked Allison what her favorite part of the party was, she said, "THE PLAYGROUND!" :) What a kid!

Oh, I must tell one little story before closing. I want to remember it for my diary!! Yesterday I put my child in "time out" for the first time ever. We introduced "the naughty step" a few weeks ago, but up until now, she would always improve her behavior before having to go to the step. Well last night, probably due to too much chocolate at the get together, she was having a hard time settling down. When I was getting her into her jammies she kept kicking me. I gave her a warning, but she kept doing it, so I told her she had to sit on the naughty step for two minutes. I felt like Nanny Jo (from that Nanny show) was watching me, so I wanted to do all the steps correctly. She sat there while I went into the bedroom (I could still see her) to fold some clothes. After 2 minutes I got down on her level and asked her if she knew why she was on the naughty step. She said, "No". I told her why and asked her to apologize. She did. Then we hugged. I don't expect her to do that well every time, but I was proud of her for listening and doing what I asked. Then I wanted to cry. Yes, I know it's okay and VERY necessary to discipline your children, but that doesn't mean it's easy. :)

I hope everyone is having a great day. We are sunny and 60 in KC, and I'm in HEAVEN! :) Oh, I'm going to make the pictures big because the way I'm doing it from my parent's house makes it impossible for you to blow them up bigger when you click on them- bummer! Hopefully making them bigger will help. Here goes!

Laurie

4 comments:

Kristi said...

LOVE the pumpkin costume! It is way too cute!

Snowflowers Mum said...

We used the 'naughty step' for ages too! I've been a Nanny for as long as Nanny Jo and we are both 'british' in our ways...although she's English and I'm a Kiwi.

We have now moved on to the 'simmer down chair' thanks to our favorite TV show and books 'Charlie & Lola'...I knda like the 'simmer down' thing a little better than 'naughty', even though I do use that word.

I hate saying 'time out' it just doesn't register for so many kids...but when they go to the 'naughty spot' they KNOW!

I love the Halloween costume! The most perfectly perfect pumkin!

Hayley

Denise said...

She is the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen!

I painted Maggie's room...go to our blog and see!

3 Peanuts said...

She looks adorbale in the pumpkin costume.

Yes, disciplining is so hard but I have learned by seeing my 10 year old grow up how it has made him a wonderful young man. He spent a lot of time in time out as a toddler.

Kim