Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Laughter EVERY day!


I keep an ongoing document on Word that is full of funny stories about my child. They may not be funny to anyone else, but they were funny to me, so I wrote them down. My child is 2 1/2 and my document is almost 30 pages long. Either I laugh easily (and I do!) or my child is really funny (which I think she is). I decided to share a few of my recent entries. I hope they will make you laugh and remind you of things your child has said or prepare you for things you might hear in the future. :)

1. After church last week we went out to eat. During a quiet time (these are rare) Allison looks at us and says, "Hey, how was church today?" We were kind of taken aback, and then Scott proceeded to tell her what the sermon was about. :)

2. For months Allison has been using the phrase "You can count on me" in appropriate context. Well, last week in Wal-mart she said it again. Then I said, "You know, Allison, you can count on me too!" She proceeded to reach out from the cart with her fingers and literally COUNT on my shirt. :)

3. Last week we were out shopping and I took her to the bathroom- she said she didn't have to go, but I wanted her to try since we were heading out. While on the potty she said, "I don't have to go, Mommy. My potty is still sleeping in my tummy!" Where do they GET this stuff? Once home, she got on the potty and began to go, saying, "It's awake now! My potty is awake!"

4. Sometimes her choice of words is what makes me laugh. It's not really funny, just funny coming out of a 2 year old. She was eating lunch and I asked, "Do you need more chicken?" to which she replied, "No, I don't. I have plenty of it." Tee Hee!

And in the featured picture- she had just come up to me and said, "I'm having a tea party in the play room- won't you join me?"

3 comments:

Jodee said...

I also keep a journal of funny things my son, Carson, says. I love to go back and read the entries and they always make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny at this age. I wish I had the time to document everything she says. Last night the cats were fighting and Ellie ran over to them and yelled, "Stop! You know better than that!" Wonder where she has heard that? The picture of Allison reminds me of the wonderful meals Ellie comes up with in her kitchen. The other day she made me pancakes with onions and lettuce. Yum!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, I love to write dowm what my boys say too! I am not as good at keeping up with 4 of them though...