Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Parents as Teachers Fall Event






Last night we attended an event put on by our Parents as Teachers group, and once again, they did a super job putting together fun activities for the kids to do. Allison would have spent all night in the book corner if we didn't "gently encourage" her to go to the other centers. :) We went home with lots of new artwork and a very happy little girl.

Today we had another MOPS meeting, and it was great. Our speaker was our spirtual leader, Teresa, and she did a fantastic job bringing us the message of the Proverbs 31 Woman. I can't wait to go get a book on it this weekend to read more. Her talk was very insiring and uplifting, and I want to learn more. Just reading Proverbs 31 didn't really do anything for me- I needed to have it interpreted, and Teresa did a great job with that. We also collected boxes for Operation Christmas Child- what fun! I bet we hauled about 30 boxes out of the church, and that felt great- just thinking about all the kids who will open those boxes on Christmas morning brought me such joy! MOPS really is a great organization- check it out in your area if you aren't already in a group- it's a wonderful support system for mothers of preschool children.

This is the 2nd time I've left Allison in her MOPS room with big girl panties on, and she did just fine. I can't seem to bring myself to the realization that she will now go when she has to go. It just seems impossible that I might have bought my last box of diapers? Where did my baby go?

0 comments: