Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Morning fun with Katie






This morning we headed over to Katies's house, and you could tell the girls had been apart for awhile because they were both SO excited to see each other. Although they are still not at the "go play in your room for a little while so the big girls can talk" stage, Beth and I did manage to hold some conversations, although we each said, "What was I just saying?" a few times. I'm sure some of you reading can relate. When you have a preschooler your sentences are always interrupted and it's hard to remember where you left off. Or really you're just testing your friend to see if she was listening to you in the first place! :)

The funniest part of the morning was when Beth and I were sitting and visiting in the living room when all of a sudden we hear the toilet flush. I guess my child is no longer even telling me when she needs to go- she's just going. Then you hear Katie just trying to be helpful but Allison very clearly NOT wanting the help (shocker!). Beth said, "Wouldn't it be funny to have a camera placed in there so we could watch them?" Ha!

Notice in one of the horse pictures that Katie is trying to put a shoe on Allison's foot. She is SO sweet and loves being the mom to her little babies and animals, but Allison is going through a lovely stage of not wanting anyone to help her with ANYTHING, so poor Katie- all we kept saying was "Allison's doesn't want your help with..." or "Allison wants to do ...... by herself."

Another pictures clearly shows the differences in their personalities. They are playing with super balls in the front entry way of Beth's house, and you can see how my child carefully drops the ball to see what happens, where Katie throws the ball with total abandon, excited to see where it will land. It makes me wonder if these traits will always be with them or will change over time. Or maybe I'm just too cautious and Beth is the fun mom??? I'm guessing that's pretty close to the truth. :)

Until next time,
Laurie

0 comments: