Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Art appreciation and a love of Disney!



Last night, yes, you guessed it, we made another trip to the mall. I realize this has become a Friday night norm, but we do actually go to different places- does that count for something? This time we chose the Galleria, not the normal mall. Our first stop was at Z Gallery. Not really my style of furnishings, but a fun place to look around. We walked by the art area, just talking about the cool pictures, and then we notice that Allison has plopped herself down in front of this painting.

What is it, Mommy?
I don't know. It's whatever you want it to be- that's the neat thing about art.
Hmmmm. I think it's a face.
Really? Tell me why.
Well, there are his eyes, his nose, and his mouth.
Hmmm, do you think he's happy?
NO!
Okay, are you ready to go now?
No, I want to sit here all day.

I didn't let her sit all day, but she did sit for quite awhile, naming the shapes she saw and discussing the picture some more. Scott suggested maybe we take in the art museum when we're in Chicago next week. :)

But then she turned into a little girl again when she noticed the Disney Store up ahead on our walk. "DISNEY!! DISNEY!! Disney pictures presents!" Ha! She went running for the store, and we just followed (well, I did- Daddy ducked into the Apple store- his favorite store in the world). She could play in the Disney store all day, and I tell you, I NEVER buy anything in there, so she doesn't even ask for things. I think most of it is adorable, but their prices are a bit inflated if you ask me. Anyway, she had fun in the princess tent, as you can see. Bedtime came at 9:45 last night. I'm hoping she won't fall asleep at music class this morning.

0 comments: