Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Children's Museum, Gino's Pizza, and hotel swimming!










Day two in Chicago was jam packed with fun! We decided to explore the Children's Museum,and it did NOT disappoint. It is located on the Navy Pier, which is a really cool place to check out on a spring day (we did that years ago and loved it!), but not so much on a 25 degree day. An indoor museum was the perfect plan. We could have stayed all day and still not "done it all". There were so many neat areas to play in, learn from, and just look at. Allison had a ball no matter what room we were in, and we had a ball watching her and interacting with her.

One of the highlights was a station where you can build something together. Scott and Allison decided to build a castle (at Allison's request, of course), and it was so much fun to watch them. She was a great little helper, and Scott is a great teacher too! I posted a video of them working on their castle- enjoy!

A funny thing is that no matter how fun you try and make a trip for your toddler, they will find the most fun in the things that aren't part of the trip. You'll see a picture of Allison playing in the fountain in the hotel lobby. She would have rated the trip a 10 if we'd just let her play in there all day. Pushing elevator buttons also ranked high on her list of favorite things to do.

Anyway, after the museum we headed to Gino's pizza, famous for their Chicago deep dish pizza. Again, we were not disappointed. The pizza was YUMMY, and we had a ball just hanging out in there- lots to see! We had full tummies when we left and headed back to the hotel for some rest time. Allison decided to get her rest on the way back (I'd choose sleep over traffic too!)so when we arrived back at the hotel we all went swimming. I bought Allison a new suit for the trip, and you can see she was quite pleased with how it looked. While I was doing everything I could to conceal my body in MY suit, she enjoyed showing off in hers. Ha! I'd love to say that the swim was enjoyed by all, but it was not. Why? The pool was FREEZING! I mean, really cold! My child had blue lips when we got out because it never really warmed up. I was bummed cause I was looking forward to going again, but no way!

That wrapped up our evening. Tomorrow I'll be posting about our visit to Chinatown. Until then, happy Monday everyone.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Oh come on!!! Why do I have to wait? I want to see more vacation pictures NOW!! :)