Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A New Place to Play!






It's always exciting when a new place comes to town where we can take our toddler children. Beth found out about this place, and we took Katie and Allison Tuesday morning. What a BLAST!! I had just as much fun as the girls did, seriously! They had a toddler play area and also a BIG area in the center. Then around the perimeter were lots of those "fun" little games to play with tokens. Beth and I climbed around with the kids and even went down the big, winding slides. I hadn't done that in a LONG time, and I made the mistake of kind of laying down before starting down. Allison and I went FLYING and actually came a couple inches off the ground at the bottom before landing on the soft cushion. Needless to say, my back and bottom were a little achy today. :) But the laughter was worth the pain. We then took the girls to Applebees and had a delicious lunch! They gave each other a precious hug on the way out of the restaurant, and I'm so glad Beth was there to capture the moment. Our girls are just so sweet!

Last night Allison started coughing in addition to her runny nose of late. I took her to the doctor this morning, just to be on the safe side, and thankfully she just has a cold. Nana and PaPaw are coming to visit for the weekend, so I wanted to make sure she was okay. As I'm writing this, Allison is yelling, "Hola, Mom!" from upstairs. What a hoot! The other day, after watching the NiHao show, she ran around saying, "NiHao, Mom!" all day. She brings me SUCH joy, I cannot even explain. Someday I'll write a post about all the things she does that annoy me or make me crazy, but for now, I'll concentrate on the joy. :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

That hug is so sweet! Nothing like the love of child friends...
That play place looks like a blast. I need to be looking for fun places like that!

Jodee said...

Looks like a blast!