Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Too Much Curious George?


I forgot to document a funny story that happened when we were in Chicago, and since I didn't take any pictures of Allison today (you know, gotta give the camera a rest once in awhile), I thought I'd relay it here today. We were driving around Chicago when all of a sudden Allison says, "Do you know what?" to which we replied, "What?" She then says, "Somebody travels over 93 million miles to wash and dry the fruits and vegetables we need to grow strong and healthy bodies. I thought you might be curious about that. (insert name of company we couldn't make out) supports PBS kids."

HUH?? I mean really, folks, this kid is the queen of memorization. I promise we don't watch more than one Curious George show a week, but she's memorized this whole deal? Neither of us had ever heard her say any part of it before, and all of a sudden the whole things comes out. We had her say it over and over again, and I'll add the video, but if I didn't write it out I'm sure you wouldn't understand her. It took us several tries. She's SO funny! I guess I should be happy that she's memorized that as opposed to the theme song from Friends. :)

On a not so funny note, her fever is back. I heard her coughing, then crying, so I went up to check on her, and she was hot. She's at a little over 101. Poor thing. :(

6 comments:

Beth said...

I'm always amazed at her ability to remember things. - Next time she's here I'm going to put in a Friends DVD and we're going to dance and sing to the opening song. I'm sure it's already memorized in her head, but if I can get her to bring it out... :)

Beth said...

Okay, how IRONIC... as I'm sitting here typing this, I see the commercial she recited. It's Sun-Maid.

Jodee said...

We love Curious George too!

Kate said...

Well...we're just fans of PBS in general...and I've heard that very comercial. It is amazing how quickly they pick things like that up!! I am so sorry you are havin fever issues again. We went through that last winter with Lia. I kept taking her back to the doctor and she never had an infection. It is just scary when they are running fevers!! I will pray for a quick recovery and a healthy spring!!

Kate

Kristi said...

I know exactly which commercial that is! Her memory is impressive, the former science teacher in me likes that she knows the distance from the sun to the earth!
I'm praying for a quick recovery for Allison!

Beth said...

Hey Laurie, I am officially "tagging" you. You can check out my blog for the details.