Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow!





Yesterday I took some video and pictures of Allison making her first snow angel, but I had to add some pictures from today because we got some great snow overnight, so it was much more fun out there today! Daddy is going to take her sledding tomorrow, so that should be a real treat!

some firsts have happened lately:

Allison had her first sloppy joe sandwich. She doesn't like hamburger, but she was about 3/4 of the way through the sandwich before she realized what she was eating and said, "I don't really like hamburger!" Fooled her!

This week Allison put on her shirt by herself for the first time. She's been doing it with assistance for quite awhile, but never ALL BY HERSELF. Boy was it a challenge. She yelled at me every time I tried to offer any help. I felt like crying and screaming at the same time. But when the shirt was on she smiled BIG and was so proud of herself. It was worth the struggle!

Allison is reading 3 letter words and having so much fun with it! When you're working with your child on reading skills you realize that English is TOUGH and sometimes makes no sense! Although I'm a teacher by trade, I've never taught anyone to read since I taught older kids. This is all new to me and so much fun. For the record, the first word she read by herself was "wet".

Allison can now operate the mouse on the computer. Right now she's at our other computer (yes, we have dueling MACS in our house) and she's clicking on video after video on her friend Katie's blog. This is a first- I didn't know she'd be able to do it on her own, but I guess she can. The independence is killing me!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh I am so jealous of your snow! Allison looks like a little snow angel!

3 Peanuts said...

Such a cute snow bunny! I simply cannot get over how smart she is!!!

Kim