Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Angel


Not such a fun night at our house last night. After seeing the doctor and hearing, "She's fine- just a cold", things got progressively worse. Allison started coughing more and then I noticed she was hot. Yep- a fever, darn it! Her cough woke her up several times in the night, so I got my workout. Finally at about 5:00 I took her out to the couch and laid her on my chest so she'd be propped up a bit. That helped a lot. She is still sleeping, and it's after 8:30. That is unheard of, so I know she's not feeling well.

The tough part is that because of her fever, I can't take her with me to MOPS tomorrow- you know, that 24 hour rule and all. This poses a problem because as the coordinator I run the meetings. Hmmmm. I have one hope out there, and that's that the school district will cancel school tomorrow due to weather (they already canceled for today), because then our meeting would be canceled and I could just stay home and take care of my baby. Not that I'd want anyone to pray for bad weather, but could you? :)

That's it from our camp today. Of course I had to have a picture for my post (it's just no fun to post without pictures), so here is my angel on the couch this morning. Ah, a sleeping child. Nothing so sweet.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Here's hoping for a quick recovery at your house! Even here in the warm south where we had high temps of 65 yesterday we are set to get sleet this afternoon, surely you guys will get something there!

Danielle Moss said...

Awww...

Poor Alison. I hope she's feeling better soon! Hoping everything works out with your MOPS group.