Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just Relaxin'



Today was a really fun day for us! I've been looking around for a place to take Allison (kind of like a Mother's Day Out) when I (okay, Scott) stumbled across a gymnastics center that provides one day a week for MDO. I was SO excited! You go on a week to week basis, so you only pay if you go. That works great for me because I might not use it every week, but at least it will be available if I need it.

When we arrived, Allison started squealing, so I had a feeling she'd enjoy it. They do gymnastics with the kids, do a craft, eat lunch, watch a video, etc. Believe me, she does LOTS of learning activities at home, so it's nice to have a place she can go and move around, play with other kids and just have fun. When I went to pick her up I observed her, and it was clear that she was having a great time. YEAH for both of us! The teacher said, "PLEASE bring her back!" and that made me feel really good. You just never know how your child behaves when you're not around, so it's nice to hear positive comments.

Tonight we sat on the couch and ate pizza and watched "Don't Forget the Lyrics". I know, not the best choice for 2 year old viewing, but it probably beats a re-run of Friends, which is what I really wanted to watch. :) Daddy is out of town, so the girls are running the show for a couple of days. It's always a little nutty around here when he's gone.

This afternoon we ran some errands and when I put her in the car she said, making her best sad face, "I missed you when I was at gymnastic." I said, "Ahhhh", and she said, "Didn't you miss ME?" I said, "Oh, of course I did", and she said, "Well then, can you make a sad face?" I am SO in love with my child. :)

P.S. And no, my child does not have a tattoo on her foot. They must have had fun with little stamps at the gym today. :)

1 comments:

Kristi said...

That gym sounds like a dream! I need to find something similar for my little one who seriously lines wooden blocks up to use as a balance beam...