Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Valentine Cutie!




Sorry, but when the shirts and pants are $4.99 each, how does one resist? I set her up for a little photo shoot today- I love Valentine's Day!! It's a special time in our family. First of all, Scott and I first met on Feb. 15th. In addition to that special day, we met Allison on Feb. 13th and officially adopted her on Feb. 14th, so this time of year is just special all the way around. This year we're taking a special trip to celebrate Gotcha Day (the day we met Allison). We're heading to Chicago for a few days, and I can't wait. I love traveling Scott. He always plans great trips and lines up fun things for us to do. He's already scheduled us to take in some Chinese culture when we're there. Yeah!

This week is busy as we get ready to have a big event with our MOPS group. In case you're new to the site, I am our church's MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) coordinator, so I am always kept busy with fun activities. This Friday is our big auction. People brought in all kinds of great things to put up for auction, and we've been busy organizing all the stuff. This Friday is the big sale. I'll let you know how we do. All the money goes right back into our MOPS budget, so we're looking forward to a great sale!

No really funny stories, but today I bought Allison lunch at McDonalds, and once again she requested "a sad meal, please!" She really does have a funny sense of humor. We came home, had lunch, played some games, and now she's up there doing who knows what while I post sweet pictures of her. :) I hope those of you checking in today are having a FABULOUS Wednesday!

4 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Love the outfit. Good luck at the auction!

Beth said...

I've heard China Town in Chicago is pretty cool. I would love to take Katie there to celebrate Chinese New Year sometime. I can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Jodee said...

Cute Valentine's Day outfit! What a special time of the year for you too! Have fun in Chicago!

Ceci said...

Laurie,
I clicked on your link from the Sprague's website. Your daughter looks so much like mine. Is she from Yunnan? We just got Meredith in September and are still working through her adjustment period. Just curious to know which province your daughter is from.
-Ceci
http://grayfamilyadoption.blogspot.com