Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Winter temps=visits to the mall



What I love is that summer temps can also equal visits to the mall. Ha! But really, it's a Friday night and you want to get out of the house, but it's 30 degrees outside. Where do you go?? Suggestions are welcome, although I really do enjoy our little walks int the mall. We only spent money on dinner, and of course I HAD to buy just ONE toy at the toy store. :) So really, it's a pretty cheap night out.

We spent about 30 minutes just watching Allison play in the playground area. I just love seeing how she cooperates, or doesn't cooperate, with other kiddos in this arena. Usually she's really good and will take her turn at things, but she freaks out if she gets touched, which let's face it, with 10 or so kids running around the same area, playing on the same toys, is gonna happen. "Buck up!" is something she's hearing from Daddy a lot these days. :) She really is a girly girl!

Since I have nothing exciting to report about life happenings, I'll tell a couple of stories. Yesterday after lunch I asked Allison if she was finished and she said, "Yes. I'm adopted from China." I'm like, hmmm, where did that come from? I said, "Yes, you were. What made you say that?" and she said, "I was just thinking it."

Since Christmas we've been VERY into game playing (Dora's ABC's, Candy Land, The Fishies Game, etc.). Every morning when she wakes up she says, "Will you play a game with me?" She talks about her games ALL day long! She's really good at playing them too. It took a few times to learn the rules and how to take turns, but now she's a pro. We were playing Candy Land (as we do at least twice a day) and she drew her card. She said, "I got 2 yellows AGAIN. Now that's just CRAZY!" She is SO funny! :)

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Hot or cold -- what girl doesn't like to go to the mall?! It looks like you had a fun night out!

Kristi said...

Don't you just sometimes wonder what connects things in the minds of kids? I love that her answer to "Are you finished with lunch?" was "Yes, I'm adopted from China." I wonder what about eating brought that response...

And I use extreme weather as an excuse to go to our mall with a play area too!