Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Fashion?



Well, it's started! Much to my sadness, Allison has now decided that she'd like a say in what she wears and how she wears it. I swear that she will NOT be going out in shorts and cowboy boots, but she is expressing an opinion, and I'm trying very hard not to be too controlling.

The other day we were getting ready for a play date and she said, "I would like to wear a dress to Landen's house." Then she showed me what dress she wanted to wear. There was no reason to say no, so I said, "Sure!" Then the next day I laid out what I wanted her to wear and she cried out, "I don't want to wear that!!" I'm like, "Okay, well, you can wear this OR this", and I chose another outfit from the closet. I asked her which one she wanted to wear, and of course she chose the initial outfit I had picked out. It's all about control, folks, and she wants a LOT of it!

Her latest fashion statement is wanting to roll up her sleeves and roll up her pant legs. She looks ridiculous, but what can you do? We keep our house really cool, so you'd think she'd be requesting a coat. But no. If she had her way she'd run around in just panties.

One thing my travel buddies will appreciate- Allison wants to take EVERY nap in her Nashville t-shirt (we bought it at that mall where we ate). She calls it her "hotel shirt". EVERY single day when I say it's time for nap she says, "Hotel shirt and no pants?" and gets SO excited!! I swear that shirt has been washed 50 times already! Ha! :) Maybe today I'll take a picture of her in her nap attire.

1 comments:

Jodee said...

Oh no! I can totally relate to the whole wardrobe battle. Our son started picking out his own clothes at age 2 sharp. It was just awful! In addition, he is very picky about his clothes. He prefers to wear t-shirts and sweats (how boring is that?). I tell him he can pick out his clothes most days but I get to pick for parties or holidays, since I make him wear a polo or oxford! Hang in there. It does get a little bit better! He has actually worn some jeans this week, as well as shirts with buttons, which he usually refuses to wear!