Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

An afternoon in St. Charles



This morning after church (that by the way we can never seem to get to on time because for 30 years I went to church at 9:30, and our church here starts at 9:15, and I just cannot seem to get it together and remember that!) we headed down to St. Charles, a darling town I've highlighted many times in this blog. Allison couldn't name where we were because she only LOVES it during the Christmas season, when it's all decorated and lit up, and Dickens characters roam the streets. We had to convince her it really was St. Charles! Daddy decided to do an impromptu photo shoot by some pretty flowers.

He took over 70 pictures to get a few that were cute enough to share. Allison will sometimes pose, but more often than not, she will do the opposite of what you ask her to do. I am always sweating by the end of these little shoots, and if I'm being honest, I'm usually a bit ticked at her for not cooperating and ticked at Scott for wanting "just one more like that". AHHGGGHHH!! But afterwards, we went to my new favorite St. Charles restaurant, Lewis and Clark, so all was good with the world!

I finally got to sit down and watch some of the Olympics today, and they were great! It really doesn't matter what the event is- I just get excited because these athletes worked SO hard to get where they are, and I just have to respect that! Well, I don't really respect most of the NBA players and won't be watching them, but that's another story! We watched swimming, and I thought- it would take me at least 5 minutes to get 1/2 lap in, and these guys (we watched the guys) were back and forth SEVERAL times in 2 minutes. WOW!!

Then came the part that depressed me- a special on Dara Torres. This lady really is incredible, but do they have to keep saying- "And she's....... FORTY ONE... as if to indicate that that means someone is WAY PAST their prime and shouldn't even be IN a pool, let alone competing. For someone who hit 41 almost two years ago, this is downright depressing. Can anyone relate?

Okay, I'm off to watch some Wiggles with my child. Does anyone else find these guys terribly annoying????





What a guilty look- she's getting ready to pick the flowers, even though she knows you're not really supposed to. :)



SO posed, but oh well. Still a decent picture of us together!



Allison with the 3 purple flowers she held on to all afternoon



Scrolling pictures on Daddy's new ipod



We noticed today that she's really outgrowing the stroller we got her while in China.

4 comments:

missy said...

I love the picture of you and Allison together...sooo sweet.

Jodee said...

What a fun outing! Allison looks adorable in polkadots!

Anonymous said...

My uncle would understand about the swimming. He's 69.5 years old and just won six gold medals in the Nebraska Senior Olympic Games. Next year he'll be the youngest in his class instead of the oldest. I say that no one is ever past their prime in a pool. ;-)

And I want to see St Charles with Dickens people walking all about. Sounds like an awesome place.

Our church starts at 9:15.. for us. Everyone else shows up at 9am but we can't figure out why. ;-)

Kate said...

Lovely shots!! I especially love the one of you two!! I see your husband subscribes to my school of photography thought....if I take a whole bunch...a few should turn out!!!

Allison is such a pretty girl!!! Really nice pictures!!