Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday- after the blood

Obviously our day improved after the bloody nose incident. :) After eating at Red Robin we came home for rest time. Allison actually took a nap, which was great since we just put her to bed at 10:15! After nap we headed to church, which is always awesome! Today Allison learned more about Jonah and the Whale, one of her favorite Bible stories. One of the teachers said, "Allison told us she has TWO Jonah books at home!" It makes me wonder what all she tells people when we aren't around. Hmmmm. She does have TWO Jonah books, so it's not like she's fibbing, but it still makes me wonder what stories she tells. One of the challenges put before us during the sermon was to pretend to cc Jesus on all your emails, pretend he's on the conference call line every time you make a phone call, and to basically invite Him into every area of your life in an attempt to be more like Him. Like I said, church is always awesome! :) So, Jesus, welcome to my blog! :)

After church we headed back out to the shopping area. We walked around quite a bit and then put our names in to eat dinner at the restaurant there. Yes, I know, we already went out to lunch. We need to cut back on eating out. But anyway, we had fun people watching, window shopping (we bought nothing!), and riding the train. Our name was not called until after 8:00, so we had a LATE dinner, but it was wonderful. Allison was a trooper the whole time, and like always, she charmed our wait staff and used her wonderful manners. The kid knew what she would order (cheese pizza and fruit) before we even got to the restaurant. Sure, she's ordered that the last 2 times we've been there, but still. She amazes me with her memory. She could probably order for me too, since I've gotten the same thing all 3 times I've been! :) I'm SO boring!!

We were also able to see the beautiful glow of the hot air balloons. VERY cool! Of course by then we were starving, so we just kind of looked, said wow, and checked AGAIN to see if our table was ready. While eating we heard the fireworks, but Allison said earlier she didn't want to see them, so we knew we weren't going to be watching them anyway. All in all it was a GREAT day. We look forward to shopping when there are fewer people there and the temperatures are in the 70's, not the 90's. :) Oh, AND when I have money to spend. :)




Dancing to some cool jazz in the center of the shopping area



Stylin'!



SO excited to meet a princess with a real crown. Okay, so it was just Miss Missouri, but to Allison, she was a princess! Awhile after meeting her she said, "I've been thinking. Maybe we could send her a present- you know, to thank her for meeting us. I could put stars and crowns on a card and send it to her." And I thought I had tomorrow planned. Now I'll be adding "make a card for Miss MO" to my list of things to do. Life is good. :)



The beautiful glow of the hot air balloons

0 comments: