Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Last KC post...

We had some really fun plans for Saturday in Kansas City. There was to be a dragon boat festival on The Plaza along with some Chinese cultural events. However, the forecast was calling for 95 degrees and high humidity- NOT my idea of a good time. So we opted to spend the day at the mall instead. I can't remember the last time I spent FOUR and a HALF hours at a mall. Yes, Allison and I go often, but just for an hour or two at the most. One of the reasons it took so long for us to shop around was the way this mall (Oak Park) is designed. If you have a stroller to takes you twice as long to get anywhere because instead of just walking the "halls", you have to go up and down carpeted ramps everywhere. It was quite tiring. My other pet peeve about the mall is people who don't MOVE OVER for you. Let me rant for a minute. WE WALK ON THE RIGHT SIDE IN AMERICA!! When did this stop being taught to people? When you are passing someone, you move to the RIGHT! It's like people have no clue about this little rule and they just keep walking straight at you, or they move to the left. So then you're stuck doing the little dance with people- this way, then that way. Believe me, I could write a book on my pet peeves (I have a lot), but I'm really trying to stay more positive in my life and see the beauty instead of the things that drive me nuts, but every once in awhile I just have to gripe a bit! :) Thanks for listening. Now, on with the day....

We spent some time on the carousel and in the play area before heading to Rain Forest Cafe for lunch. I really do enjoy the atmosphere there. It's just fun to see all the animals come to life, and the sounds are pretty cool, I must admit. I do have issues with that place, but since I've already complained about something, I'll skip it. We had a wonderful lunch and then headed over to the highlight of the mall trip- making animals at Build a Bear- SO FUN!! Allison chose an animal from the start, but upon seeing Claire's cute choice of a bunny, she changed her mind and went with the bunny instead. They even dressed them alike- darling! Thanks, Heather, for the wonderful gift of CeCe. She sleeps with Allison every night now. In fact, last night, when I commented on how cute CeCe looked, she said, "Heather noticed the bunny had beautiful eyelashes!" Ha!




Allison and Claire compare the bling they made the previous night. GIRLY GIRLS!! :)



Claire is getting ready to stuff her bunny at Build a Bear!



Allison, literally jumping for joy, while making her bunny! The lady asked if it was her first time since she was squealing with joy at every step. I said, "No, she's done this a few times. She's just easy to please!" :)



I LOVE this picture. Look at their concentration as they attempt to dress their new furry friends.



Cool shot of Claire working on dressing her bunny.



Once back at Nana's house, Allison finds some pretend lettuce to feed her bunny. How cute is THAT?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SO get your gripe with people not moving over. I used to think that maybe people just didn't see me therefore justifying slamming right into me. But when you're in a mall with a STROLLER! Hello! Get out of the way. I view strollers as the MAC trucks of the mall walkways. Move it or loose it! Never mind that there is a fragile child inside the stroller. Preach it sister!

We've never done Build a Bear but it looks like so much fun! I always thought we'd wait until referral and do one for her and one for her brother/sister waiting in China. Guess that's why we haven't gone yet. ;-)

Kate said...

Yes, yes, yes - the right side, people! We're in America!! I want to hear your beef with Rain Forest! I bet it's good! ;) Enjoyed reading about your KC adventures. Thanks for the visit!