Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday- before the blood

No worries, the blood was minor. On to the post. :) This morning a big outdoor shopping area by our house had its grand opening. We've been really excited about this opening because, well, we like to shop! :) Our city (Lake St. Louis) is full of places to shop, but if you're looking for Talbots, Gymboree, and the like, you have to travel about 15-20 miles to get there. This new shopping area is about a mile from our house- YAHOO!! We strolled over there last month to see how it was coming along, and it took us less than 15 minutes. I was sooo excited!

Anyway, we headed over at about 10:00, and all the parking places were already filled. YEAH!! Seriously, I didn't even care because I want the stores to do well so other stores will come fill in the vacant spots and fun restaurants will want to set up shop on the 4 pads waiting for them. SO, bring on the customers! We had fun walking around, but it was HOT and HUMID- ick! While waiting in line to eat at the one restaurant there already, Allison started screaming. I'm like- OH MY!! Nothing was happening around her, so I had no idea why she was screaming. Then she turned and ran to me- bloody nose. Her 2nd in 2 days. Poor thing- it was all over her shirt (this upset her much more than it upset me) and she just looked so pitiful. Obviously we punted lunch at that place, but after going home to clean up we headed out to try again. Here's the funny part of the story (no, the bloody nose was NOT funny!)

If we're clueless about where we want to go eat and we don't really care, we'll ask Allison and take her lead. Here was the conversation today...

Scott: "Allison, what kind of food would you like to eat today?"

Allison: "Nothing"

Scott: "You don't want anything to eat?"

Allison: "Well, it's a SURPRISE!"

Scott: "Well, if it's a surprise, how will I know where to go?"

Allison: "I'll show you!"

Sure enough, the kid navigates us to Red Robin. At each turn she tells us right left, or straight, and we end up in front of Red Robin. Unbelievable! Of course I was the MOST impressed because the GPS is my best friend. Without it I am LOST. I guess I can throw it away now and just ask my 3 year old which way to go! And yes, we did eat at Red Robin- how could we NOT? :)

I will post again tonight after we've gone back to the shopping area for the evening festivities. Stay tuned!





This morning I could not find Allison. I went into her room and I could hear her, but I seriously could not find her. She was under her bed. This is a first. She was reading down there cause it was "a deep, dark cave"



Seriously, how cute is this?



Meeting a cute duck outside a shop called Puddle Ducks- a children's boutique



More smiles with the duck. After leaving she kept repeating, "He was just in a costume, right? Right?"

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Amazing navigation skills! I'm impressed!

Andrea said...

We saw Bob and Larry at the baseball game. We asked LL if she wanted to go over and say hello. She replied, "Nah, there's just a man in there." Guess Santa and the Easter bunny are out the window as well.