Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Loving The Olympics!




Okay, so I haven't watched anything since the Opening Ceremonies, but we've taped a lot, and I'm hoping to get some time to watch some of it tomorrow. We've had a busy, fun weekend, including date night tonight. Yahoo! :) I've been lame about taking pictures this week, but I grabbed the camera when Allison started interacting with the performers Friday night. She ran to get her drum so she could drum along with the AMAZING drummers, and when the kids came out carrying the flag, she had to run to put on her "costume" too! Then she danced along with the men doing amazing dances/drawings. It was a joy to watch her, and she would keep saying, "They are in China, where I was born and where Aaron is now!" I must admit that although I'm VERY proud to be an American (I know, I can hear Lee Greenwood too!), I am also very proud to have a daughter from a country so rich in history, culture, and tradition.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way while watching those opening ceremonies, thinking how proud I am that I have TWO grandchildren from China. I'm glad that Allison got to watch it and understood that that is where she is from.

love, nana