Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Allison, are you cleaning your room?


My child no longer wants/needs her normal nap. For the past few months I have watched those most wonderful 1-3 PM naps slip away from me. If you have a preschooler in the house you may be going through the same transition, and I'm guessing you are as sad about it as I am. Oh sure, I can now take her anywhere, at anytime and not worry about when she needs to take a nap. Sure, it means two more lovely, wonderful hours with my child that I didn't used to have. But let's face it- I NEEDED THAT NAP TIME MORE THAN SHE DID! :) We usually shoot for a rest time of some sort in the afternoon, but even that gets cut much shorter than I'd like with her proclaiming, " I just needed a short rest. I'm ready to play again!"

What happens if she doesn't sleep at all? Last night was a great example. At about 5:30 I asked her to pick up her room before dinner. I checked on her a couple of times and she was just laying in there, reading a book. I reminded her that she needed to clean her room (check out how messy it was- oh my!) before dinner. About 5 minutes later I looked at Scott and said, "It's way too quiet in there." He checked on her and then told me to bring my camera. As expected, she was O U T! I woke her up after 5 minutes because I did NOT want her up until 10:00 AGAIN!

My baby is growing up. :(

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wouldn't want her cute little piggies to get stuck bent back like that either.

Kate said...

Hmmm....as type this, my overtired 3 year old who hasn't had a nap in three days because we are trying to prepare her for no nap when school starts next week, is sitting at the counter, eating lunch while intermittenly yelling nonsensical things to me. I will apparently NOT be on her soccer team...or the child of the day (school thing)...Sigh....

Off to take a little rest time...Mommy has hit the wall...and obviously so has Lia. It IS a sad thing for sure that loss of nap....

Kee the faith sista!!

Kate

Kate said...

Okay...just thought I should stop by and say that Lia and Mommy enjoyed a lovely nap today...and peace now reigns. I fear I may have sounded a tad crazy....so glad my happy gal is back!!

:-)