Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

A Fun Friday!












Fridays are always fun, but they are doubly fun when Daddy takes the day off! Our goal was to get some work done around the house, and boy did we!! Our landscaping really needed some TLC, so we spent a few hours this morning with some heavy duty power tools! Good times! After our hard work we headed over to The Meadows, a new outdoor shopping area that will be opening soon near our house. One of the restaurants opened early, so we had a yummy lunch there before walking around, peering into all the new shops to see how things were coming along.

Daddy took some pictures of Allison and me- pictures that quickly went from serious to silly. I loved all her expressions of laughter and joy!

Tonight I was reminded once again (as I am several times a day) why I love books. Allison REALLY gets into the stories in her books. The latest story she's loving is in one of the Francis books we checked out from the library. I loved the Francis books (especially the tea set one) when I was a kid, and I'm glad to see Allison enjoying them too. Anyway, tonight she acted out as scene where Francis runs away- where to? Underneath the dining room table. It was soooo funny to see her acting it all out, even calling Daddy from underneath the table to see how things were going. She has a great imagination, but also loves to act out what she sees on tv or reads in books. I love it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you friend! I love Francis too but LeighAnna hasn't quite caught on yet.

the Crists said...

Laurie,
I absolutely love the pictures of you and Allison! They just jump right off the internet - can hear the laughter from here!
Tina
PS: That tea set book was my favorite too!

Kate said...

Laurie,

Looks like a fabulous day! A little work...a little play...a lunch out...laughter...books....perfect!!
Lia acts out stories too..and I LOVE that! So great to pass along the love of reading..what a gift!

Kate