Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Going for the Gold!

Our nightly routine has turned into 7PM-midnight- watch Olympics. I can't stop. Watching the mens' US gymnastics last night was so much fun! Allison had to grab her mat and beam when watching the girls the previous night. What a hoot! She is NOT a 3 year old prodigy, that's for sure! :)

She fell face first into the mat and became quite distraught for the rest of the evening. I wish she was one of those kids who wanted comfort after being injured, but instead she wants to be left alone, and she gets downright nasty if you pay attention to her. I always feel like a bad parent, not helping her or tending to her little injuries (especially if we're in public), but I know her, and I know to leave her alone! Daddy added insult to injury by taking pictures of her in her pain, but I must admit, the pictures are pretty darn cute. She eventually recovered, but she did have a fat lip until later the next day. Ah, the price of training for the 2024 Olympics! :)

In one video you'll see her having a blast, and in the other you'll see her falling on her face. Enjoy! :)

Okay, I just went back and watched that video, and I really do appear quite unsympathetic. I didn't realize she hit her face until later. We both thought the bang was her leg, not her lip. Poor thing. Now I feel really bad for her! :(





Her floor routine- 9.0!



In action!



Mounting the beam- what technique!



After the fall- how sad is that face?



After she recovered and got back into her normal happy self, she presented us with "An Olympics Picnic" Having a three year old is so much fun!


1 comments:

missy said...

Awww! I love Allison's performances! She is a cutie pie.