Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ta-Da!

What a day! Scott and I both worked hard on our "without Allison for the weekend" projects. First thing this morning Scott's buddy Jeff came over to assist with the preparation and installation of the molding and trim for Aaron's room. I spent the morning working on organizing an area in our basement to be used for scrapbooking- pictures of that to come tomorrow.

Did you know that thousands of dollars worth of equipment are necessary for this kind of project? Neither did I! Thankfully, between a few buddies, we only had to buy a few things in order to get the job done. The guys worked SO hard and were finished before lunch. WOW! We still have some touch up painting to do, but I'm feeling really good about what got done today.

SO, how do you like the bedding? It might not be everyone's style, but I think it looks pretty sharp. I wanted something different- not just baby boy blue, and I was thrilled to find this bedding online last month. I plan on buying a few accent pieces to compliment the colors and possibly a few Asian-inspired prints. What you see in the picture is the quilt and the dust ruffle for the crib. We also have a valance (thanks, Mom!) to hang later. I won't be buying any more of the bedding because I don't want it to be FILLED with the theme- I like the subtle look much more.

Okay, I'm off to rest a bit and then work on my scrapbook area. FYI- our baby girl is having a ball in KC, keeping busy doing fun things with her Nana and Papaw. I can't believe I have to go THREE more sleeps without her. I miss her SO much, but thankfully the ichat is making me feel like we're closer. I guess this morning she woke up and said, "I wish Mommy was on the computer". YEAH!! So this morning we read books to each other and gave virtual hugs and kisses. That really helped me get through my day. I look forward to our goodnight books and kisses tonight too! :) I miss you, sweetie!!




Last night Scott finishes painting the crown and chair rail



The first of the crown molding is going up!



Silly boys!



The project is now in full swing!



Crown is finished- time for chair rail



The "finished" look!



A close up of the quilt!

5 comments:

missy said...

You go girl (and hubby, too, of course : )

Your sweet Aaron's room looks so great! I love the colors and especially the crown molding...adds so much class to the room.

Now, when are you expecting to bring home your bundle of joy??? I am dying to "meet" him : )

Thanks for the email about google reader. I am still working on it. I have been so busy.

You rock, friend!

Jodee said...

Wow! Aaron's room turned out great! I love the colors and I especially love the crown molding! He is one lucky boy to have a room like that!

Can't wait to see your scrapbooking area. I could soooo use your help in this department! I have all of my stuff in a Rubbermaid. It just doesn't work for me! I hate dragging it all out!

the Crists said...

Laurie and Scott-
What a handsome room for your little boy! It looks so soothing! I can certainly see piles of stuffed animals and trucks living there. Praying that you get to travel quickly.

Tina

Kate said...

Yay! It looks great! Always good to get by with a little help (and equipmant) from your friends! Now you just need the baby to complete the room!

You asked about Lia's umbrella...I got it at a local department store. I cut the tag off of the umbrella, so I don'tknow the brand! We were out yesterday and I made a special stop to see if I could pick up one for Allison, but they were gone! If I see them again, I will pick one up!!

Kate

Kate said...

LOVE IT - GREAT JOB YOU TWO!